The more things stay the same (prompt)

General chatting and discussion about fictionkin and being fictionkin.
DoctorCorby
Site Admin

The more things stay the same (prompt)

Post by DoctorCorby »

What’s something that’s the same about you across some or all of your kintypes, along with in this life?
Mari

Re: The more things stay the same (prompt)

Post by Mari »

I like this question! As someone who always seems to change, it's always interesting to figure out what about me has stayed the same. My kintypes are all pretty radically different personality-wise.

As sad as it is, I think the one thing that all of my kintypes (and my current self) share in common is having shitty biological parents. As Frisk, I was put up for adoption at a very young age, and had to navigate the foster system, but thankfully I found a family that loved me, despite everything. As Peeesh, my father ended up turning me (and my sister) into his and his assistant's lab rat. As Futaba, my mom had extremely high expectations of me (until she died), and my father was nowhere to be found. Even when I was a cat, my owner was abusive and would throw shit at me. And of course, nowadays, I hardly talk to my biological family because they're a bunch of racist assholes.

So, yeah, if there's anything I've learned throughout my lives, family isn't who you're born with. It's who will love you unconditionally.
sometimes, i can feel the treble below me
pounding through the floor, my body's so restless
Legion

Post by Legion »

my sun / fire alignment and the way my "abilities" (not sure what word to use, honestly) always involve raising a specific type of energy. I used to refer to it as kinetic energy but as the years have gone on I've started to wonder if that's actually the word for it or not.

but anyway, those two things go hand in hand for me and always have, and seem to be my defining traits that get passed along from life to life. 🔥
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

Reason: For better or worse The Sun has always been there. In this life I first started reaching out to pagan deities Apollo was the first to respond. As V I was obsessed with the undying love of The Sun so much that it constantly showed up in my artworks. My wife Rika was my Sun even and especially when she blinded me. As Kevin The Smiling God (also a sun deity) took over Desert Bluffs. As Asgore The Sun was my sign of hope that kept me pushing towards the surface. The setting Sun was the first thing I saw when I escaped.
Believe in a Smiling God :lol: